USAID’s Office of American Schools and Hospitals Abroad (USAID/ASHA) provides assistance to schools, libraries, and medical centers outside the United States that serve as study and demonstration centers for American ideas and practices. ASHA’s grants help these institutions train future leaders in a wide variety of disciplines, support local and regional infrastructure to foster development and cultivate positive relationships and mutual understanding among citizens of the United States and other nations.
ASHA program supports AUA in upgrading the University facilities, as well as it makes important investments in the development of higher education in Armenia. AUA has over 25 years of experience in constructing and renovating its facilities with generous awards from ASHA, resulting in facilities that are highly effective, practical, modern and in line with international standards. The University’s comfortable classrooms, state-of-the-art library, collaborative study spaces, fully-equipped computer labs and other facilities create an environment conducive to interactive learning, effective research and innovative creation.
- Student Residence: Promoting Diversity and Inclusion
- Najarian Center for Social Entrepreneurship: Enhancing Development and Service to Community
- Triangle Park: A Sustainable, Smart Living Lab
COMPLETED PROJECTS DURING 2008-2018
- Promoting Open Discourse: Student Union, Faculty Center and Open Amphitheater
- Innovation and Technology Incubation Center
- Student Services/Student Excellence Center
- Creation of Integrated Technology Classrooms, Elevators’ Replacement and Update of Office Equipment